Nice to meet you

Nice to meet you
Hi, I'm Sarah!
28.7.11

Sunny spain

Again, sorry about the dispersal of posts. I've decided to share with you a few pictures from when we visited Majorca. By far the most enchanting day was visiting The Marine Centre, so that's mostly what you'll see.

These pretty birds were lovely to photograph; they sat perfectly still. This was during the parrot show, which was fascinating. I learnt a lot I wouldn't have known before, like the fact that parrots have the same mental ability as a 3 year old human. 
The Amphibian House was rather amusing, everything was so lazy. If you weren't otherwise aware, you would have probably thought that this lizard was a statue.


We went on to watch a sea lion show. They were absoloutly fantastic and very well trained. Don't be fooled by the media, they are very well kept. Every element of their environment is fair to them, and they are never forced to do anything. (You could tell because once the show was over and they were back in their living space, they were posing for all the cameras!) After the seals came the dolphins, which were truly amazing and as intelligent as everyone says.
They were really majestic. My sister came away adamant that she was going to own one.

I had a soft spot for the birds, they were beautiful.
We also visited the Cathedral, which was brilliant; but I think I need a different post all together for that.
This was the street by the beach, and it was gorgeous. The houses up on the hill were lovely and had me and my sister absoloutly transfixed.
Aren't the colours so suitable?

And here's the beach. Looking rather more grey than it was in reality, I must say.


Anyway, the holiday really got me thinking: I think I'm going to do some work abroad in the summers of 2013 and 14. It would be nice to have a job in France or Spain, but Germany would be equally wonderful. I know it's a while away but it's better to plan ahead isn't it?

0 comments: